REGISTRATION & AUDITION PROCEDURES 2021-2022
Date of Auditions: Saturday, December 4, 2021
Registration will open as soon very soon! Watch for an email
Registration deadline: November 23, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
Set 2 of the ASB Audition Material
(Please visit the MBA website for revised audition material lists.)
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE ALL-STATE AUDITION
• Contact your Missouri Music Educators Association (MMEA) District Band Vice-President for specific information concerning the All-District Band procedures in your district. Each All-District Band sets the policies for their respective district. This would include audition dates, audition materials, audition fees, policies, and procedures.
• Any student wishing to audition for or perform with the Missouri All-State Band must be a member “in good standing” with his or her All-District Band. “In good standing” shall be defined by guidelines established at the district level and includes attendance at all rehearsals and performances.
• Membership in a conference band, county band, etc. does NOT make a student eligible to audition for the Missouri All-State Band.
• Any student wishing to audition for or perform with the Missouri All-State Band must be a member of his or her high school band (if one exists) and must presently be in 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade. Students must be eligible for interscholastic music activities according to Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHSAA) by laws.
• Students in an All-District Honorable Mention Band are NOT eligible to audition for the Missouri All-State Band unless alternates have not been designated for the All-District Band. In that case, the first two chair students would be eligible to audition for the Missouri All-State Band.
• No student may participate in district or state events if they are not accompanied and supervised by a CERTIFIED representative (music instructor, teacher, or administrator)of that student’s school. MSHSAA By-Law 1.3.1 further explains responsibility for supervision: No individual student, team, or activities group shall be permitted to participate in interscholastic events without being accompanied and supervised by a member of the school faculty or administrative staff of the applicable member school. It is not allowable for one faculty member from one school in a multiple high school/middle school district to supervise all students of all schools of the multiple high school/middle schools districts under this provision.
Please read the following statements in regards to eligibility and home school associations. This policy was developed in conjunction with the Missouri State High School Activities Association.
• Missouri Bandmasters Association does not allow home school associations or affiliate registered schools to audition for placement in an all-district honor ensemble or all-state honor ensemble.
• Missouri Bandmasters Association follows all MSHSAA by-laws regarding eligibility and responsibility for supervision.
• The all-district/all-state ensembles are culminating events, sponsored by the ‘organization’ involving MSHSAA member schools, much like MSHSAA district and state music festivals.
MISSOURI BANDMASTERS ASSOCIATION, INC. Federal Tax ID #31-1789334
Kurt D. Bauche, Secretary/Treasurer
2627 Oak Ridge Drive, Farmington, MO 63640
CHECK-IN on AUDITION DAY
· A form will be made available one week prior to auditions for directors to fill out for their student’s decision for chair placement. A student can choose the highest chair possible regardless of ensemble, Band only, or Orchestra only. If a form is not filled out the all-state coordinator will make the decision for the student.
· If a student makes the all-state band and all-state jazz band/choir, we will contact the student/director to ask the student's choice for performing ensemble.
Brad Hudson, All-State Band Coordinator
email@example.com 660-342-5106 (cell phone)
SCMMEA HS Band Vice President
Associate Director of Bands
Ava R-I Schools
507 North Spring St.
Ava, MO 65608
School: (417)683-5747 x1329
SCMMEA HS Band Events Calendar